How to connect a Gmail account with 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) enabled
Follow these steps to connect your Gmail account with an enabled 2FA (2-Factor Authentication) to Wavo using App Password.
A common reason for error when adding an account is because of an enabled 2-Factor Authentication (2FA). If you are not able to disable it, you can still connect the account using an App Password.
Follow these steps in creating an App Password:
- Login to your Google Account.
- Select Security and under "Signing in to Google," choose App Passwords. You may be asked to sign in again.
- On the Select app dropdown, choose Wavo or if not choose Other and type in Wavo.
- Select Generate.
- A pop-up box will appear with your generated app password. The App Password is the 16-character code in the yellow bar on your device.
- Go back to Wavo and try adding the account again but this time replace your password with the app password you just generated.
- You can proceed in adding the other details of the account before clicking Add Email Account.
Did this answer your question?